We are looking for young Restaurant Stewards with good command of the English language for a major Cruise Line sailing worldwide.
- Assist with achieving departmental guest satisfaction targets and food and beverage revenues through efficient turning of tables and capitalizing on beverage service in the Buffet.
- Complies with all company policies, rules and regulations.
- Follows and is compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Responsible for safeguarding all equipment and materials required for operation by adhering to proper handling procedures.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Main Dining Rooms
- Performs the functions of escorting guests and/or resetting tables when required by work schedules.
- Assist with Waiters and Assistant Waiters with stocking, cleaning and maintaining waiter stations throughout service.
- Ensures that the restaurant public areas are cleaned per company and USPH standards at the end of each service.
- Ensures mess rooms are setup with all food, beverage product, condiments, sign stands, utensils, china, glassware and silverware prior to each service.
- Maintain food line throughout service.
- Maintains cleanliness of tables throughout service.
- Cleans and sanitizes food line, beverage dispensing machines, and restocks all of the china, glassware and silverware at the end of each service.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly setup with the required amounts of equipment and mis-en-place prior to the start of service.
- Clean tables in assigned station throughout service.
- Complies with sequence of service for beverage to ensure timeliness of service to guests in assigned station.
- Ensures satisfaction of service with guests in assigned station and assists with or resolves any service and/or product deficiencies that may occur.
- Perform side work such as silverware roll-ups, emptying trash, and stocking/cleaning beverage station.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly cleaned and set-up at the end of the meal period and that all assigned side-work is complete.
Performs other jobs as assigned, to include but not limited to manning non-cooking buffet action stations (i.e. carving station, dessert station).
- Minimum 1 year previous restaurant experience in a land-based or shipboard operations.
- Must have previous experience selling and serving wine and other beverage products.
- Secondary Education degree or equivalent is mandatory.
- Courses and or training in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures are required.
- Employment contract is 40 weeks on board followed with a 10 week vacation.
- Salary for this position is USD 785.00 per month.
Should you feel comfortable with the requirements and have the relevant background please submit your resume in English Word format with your current color photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org subject “Cruise Line Restaurant Stewards” and your full name.
We recommend that you add your skype account on your resume.
We will contact only applicants that fit the required profile via email reply in order to arrange a date and time for a personal interview.