We are looking for experience Chef Tournant with good command of the English language for a major Cruise Line sailing worldwide.
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Ensures team reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Ensures development of team members through on-going training
- Recognizes team members for successful achievements and contributions
- Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement
- Responsible for inventories to enable team members to successfully prepare mise en place.
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
- Maintains and reports waste log to supervisors on a daily/weekly basis
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Maintains USPH/FDA standards
- Communicates and follows-through with appropriate departments to correct sanitation and or equipment issues
- Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed
- Communicates with provisions to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, and return to stocks, including variances, spoilage, and excess inventories
- Ensures all team members are properly equipped with uniforms, supplies, and tools
- Communicates with Food & Beverage team in regards to special events, changes in forecasts, etc.
- Keeps Executive Chef, Chef’s Personal Assistant, and Executive Sous Chef apprised of challenges productions and team members
- Ensures recipes are constantly updated to reflect changes created by availability or direction from Executive Chef
- Strives to continuously improve flow of production and all other outputs by submitting ideas in writing to Executive Sous Chef
- Evaluates subordinates every three months
- Continuously monitors food and labor cost in accordance with CBH
- Controls and decreases waste by maintaining logs to submit daily/weekly
- Adjust production levels to meet forecast demands
- Communicates with other departments to adjust production for joint product needs
- Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production
- Adjusts scheduling appropriately in order to attend mandatory meetings
- Schedules regular focus meetings with subordinates to increase communication
- Continually maintains and updates daily and weekly reports in a timely manner
Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Strong knowledge of all basic cooking techniques
- Strong knowledge of Classical European, International, and World Cuisine, including cooking philosophies and principles
- Ability to lead in all areas of the galley including buffets, production, alternative restaurants and main galleys
- Flexibility to work any shift in any area of responsibility without notice
- Strong knowledge of herbs, spices, flavorings
- Strong knowledge of all kitchen equipment, tools, and supplies
- Ability to provide leadership, motivation and training
- 1+ year supervisory experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant
- 1+ year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel
- 1+ year experience in a fine dining or upscale restaurant
- 3+ years of culinary experience (may be combined with formal culinary training)
- Ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight
- Ability to utilize both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel Programs
- Ability to create and write reports in English in professional and concise terms
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred
Should you feel comfortable with the requirements and have the relevant background please submit your resume in English Word format with your current color photograph email@example.com subject “Cruise Line Chef Tournant” and your full name.
We recommend that you add your skype account on your resume.
We will contact only applicants that fit the required profile via email reply in order to arrange a date and time for a personal interview.