We are looking for qualified minimum 2 years’ experience Carpenter for all carpentry work and various woodwork and general repairs aboard the cruise ship during the voyage.
- Reports to the Staff Captain
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of furniture of guests and crew accommodations, public areas, bars, theater, lounges, restaurants, bars and all other venues throughout the ship
- Participates in the mooring activities during arrival and departure of the vessel when needed
- Participates in the daily activities of the deck department and briefs the Staff Captain on projects and tasks that are being carried out aboard the vessel
- Responsible for the proper operation of the carpenter shop, equipment, inventory and consumables
- Carries out safety related duties and responds to any emergency that requires participation
- Attends department meetings and works in collaboration with the heads of the various departments which may require carpentry work
- Participates in safety drills
Cruise Ship Carpenter Job Requirements:
- Minimum of two years professional experience as a skilled Carpenter
- Hotel/resort maintenance experience is preferred
- Good command of the English language
Valid Passport, Seaman Book issued from country of residence or Malta and Certificates:
- Basic Safety Training (STCW Code VI/1)
- Security Awareness Training (STCW Code VI/6-1)
- Passenger Ship Safety (STCW Code V/3) or RO-PO Passenger Ship
- Safety (STCW Code V/2)
Employment Contract: 6 months onboard/ 2 months off
Monthly Rate while onboard: $1.600
Should you feel that you have the team spirit, the organizational and service skills, please submit your resume in English, Word format with a current color photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Carpenter – Cruise Ship” and your full name.
Skype address is recommended. We will contact only applicants that fit the required profile via email reply in order to arrange a date and time for a personal interview.